Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AishwaryaS
Frequent Visitor

how to display subtotal of one column but not the grand total

Dear All,

I have 10 columns in a maxtrix, out of which I want the subtotals of all 10 columns but the grand total of only 9 columns.

So basically I want the subtotal but not the grand total of only one column. Remaining 9 columns must have both subtotal and grand total.

Please let me know if its possible.

Regards,

Aiishwarya S

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AishwaryaS ,

In the matrix visualization format -> Feild formatting -> select the feild you want to hide the total and change the color of the font as same as background. Make sure to toggle ON the "Apply to total" in same Feild formatting section. The text/value will get blend into the background, thus hiding it from user.

2.gif

You can refer to the following posts that may be helpful to you:

Solved: Disable total of text column in Grand Total. - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: How to suppress row totals in matrix report - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: remove total of one column - Microsoft Power BI Community

Hide Total For Selected Column In Power BI Table - % (foresightbi.com.ng)

Matrix Visual In Power BI: Controling Totals & Subtotals - Enterprise DNA

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AishwaryaS ,

As far as I know, you can choose the option to turn off total rows/columns by selecting the fields that need to cancel the total row/column in subtotal according to your own needs:

vtangjiemsft_1-1671005992429.png

You can follow the options in this screenshot to do an internal test according to your needs.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi,

I tried the above method but it doesn't seem to work. 

Its turning off my entire grand total row. Is there any other work around to disable grand total for only one column ?

Regards,

Aishwarya S

Hi @AishwaryaS ,

In the matrix visualization format -> Feild formatting -> select the feild you want to hide the total and change the color of the font as same as background. Make sure to toggle ON the "Apply to total" in same Feild formatting section. The text/value will get blend into the background, thus hiding it from user.

2.gif

You can refer to the following posts that may be helpful to you:

Solved: Disable total of text column in Grand Total. - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: How to suppress row totals in matrix report - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: remove total of one column - Microsoft Power BI Community

Hide Total For Selected Column In Power BI Table - % (foresightbi.com.ng)

Matrix Visual In Power BI: Controling Totals & Subtotals - Enterprise DNA

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors