Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

find records in between dates

Hi

I have two fields

From date

To date

I want to have a variable in my report so i can type in example year 2015 and the result will find all records where 2015 is between or on "from date" and "to date".

Thanks for help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexAlberga727
Resolver II
Resolver II

There are a couple solutions to this issue.

You can go more of a dynamic route and allow the utilizations of both a YEAR and a DATE slicer. Allow users to set a year using radio buttons, then allow them to enter a date range using a date slicer. I would reccomend using a calendar table too if you're not.

You also can create static variable within measurs that could contains your Min and Max Dates for any calculation.

Let me know if you're interested in either, and would like some more infomation.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AlexAlberga727
Resolver II
Resolver II

There are a couple solutions to this issue.

You can go more of a dynamic route and allow the utilizations of both a YEAR and a DATE slicer. Allow users to set a year using radio buttons, then allow them to enter a date range using a date slicer. I would reccomend using a calendar table too if you're not.

You also can create static variable within measurs that could contains your Min and Max Dates for any calculation.

Let me know if you're interested in either, and would like some more infomation.

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

Thanks for your time and answer.

The issue is that the date ranges are not fixed (to and from date), so i cant use a slicer on to date and from date.

Examle:

I want all records in 2015

here to-date can be on 2015 or later and from date can be on 2015 or before

Please share more information 🙂

Thanks

To clarify -

You want to be displayed either "To Date" or "From Date", that contains 2015?

Sharing some examples of your data will be helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. The answer was in your first post 🙂

I created to date filters. so to find all records for 2017 it will be: from date = 2017 and before and 2017 and beyond in the second

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors