Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amirzayev13
Helper I
Helper I

find percentage of maximum indicator score

I have a table (YXEMS2):

sd3.png

I created measures (indicators by formulas):

Result_ind = Count(YXEMS2[result]) * 0.1 / COUNT(YXEMS2[ID])
PapperForm_ind = COUNT(YXEMS2[PapperForm date]) * 0.15 / COUNT(YXEMS2[ID])
Occupation_ind = COUNT(YXEMS2[Occupation]) * 0.05 / COUNT(YXEMS2[ID])

my task:
Each indicator has a maximum score:

Result_ind max score = 0.2
PapperForm_ind max score = 0.2
Occupation max score = 0.06

It is necessary to indicate these points somewhere and create a histogram where the x-axis will be indicators, and the y-axis will be % (for each indicator, a maximum score of 100%)

I hope clearly described the task, help 😃

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mate, on axes you can only place DIMENSION ATTRIBUTES (measures are the values for those attributes and these values are displayed on the other axis; but it's their VALUES that get displayed, not their names). Simple as that. If you want to put the names of measures on the x-axis, then the only logical solution is to have a dimension that stores the names of the measures. Such a table would be disconnected from the model; it would be a parameter table. Once you have it, then you should create a single catch-them-all measure that reacts to what's been selected from the parameter table. This is how you'd build the table/graph you want.

The measure I'm talking about would be of this shape:

[Catch-Them-All Measure] =
var __measureNameSelection = SELECTEDVALUE ( Measures[Measure Name] )
var __value =
	SWITCH(
		__measureNameSelection,
		"Measure 1", [Measure 1],
		"Measure 2", [Measure 2],
	)
return
	__value

Is it clear? If not, please try to read it all over again and ponder over it for a while 🙂

Best

Darek

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Completely unclear what you want...

Are you being surprised you get no answers?

Best

Darek

@Anonymous wrote:

Completely unclear what you want...

Are you being surprised you get no answers?

Best

Darek

Created a demo result.
Look here please,
Considering my table, indicator formulas and maximum points of indicators, how can I create such a histogram in Pover BI?

sdfe.png

I can find the percentage if I create a measure (measure / maximum score). But this will not help me, since the measure cannot be inserted into the histogram as an axis, only as a value.

help me, Please

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mate, on axes you can only place DIMENSION ATTRIBUTES (measures are the values for those attributes and these values are displayed on the other axis; but it's their VALUES that get displayed, not their names). Simple as that. If you want to put the names of measures on the x-axis, then the only logical solution is to have a dimension that stores the names of the measures. Such a table would be disconnected from the model; it would be a parameter table. Once you have it, then you should create a single catch-them-all measure that reacts to what's been selected from the parameter table. This is how you'd build the table/graph you want.

var __value =
	SWITCH(
		__measureNameSelection,
	)
return
	__value

Is it clear? If not, please try to read it all over again and ponder over it for a while 🙂

Best

Darek

@Anonymous wrote:

var __value =
	SWITCH(
		__measureNameSelection,
	)
return
	__value

Best

Darek

It works, thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors