Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wenchi
Helper I
Helper I

dynamic title from calculation group selection

my report connect to AS model using live connection. The AS model contains few calculation groups including time intelligence and measure metric, such as volume, store count, etc. They all work as expected. I am trying to create a dynamic chart tiltle based on the item the user pick from calculation group. For example, if the user choose volume, the title will show "YoY Volume Comparsion" or "YoY Store Count Comparison" if the user choose store count from calculation group. I can't find a way to get the the selected item from calculation group. I've tried selectedvalue or isfilter dax, and none of them work. Any one get this to work ?

Another related question to calculation group is how to create a measure that can ignore the calculation group? I use ALL in my dax code, and it does not work either. Sometimes I need to display data in a table and not all measures in this table that i want to work with calculation group and I can't find a way to solve it either.

Any helps is appreciated.

thanks,

Wenchi Wang

3 REPLIES 3

I create the AS model using Visual Studio which had calc group. No issue for calculation group. Just wondering how to get the selected item and incorporated to visual title in PBI report. For example, my time table has MTD, QTD, YTD calculated items. How do I detect which item selected by the user?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wenchi ,did you get any solution?  I'm too looking to implement the dynamic title.

SELECTEDMEASURENAME() and SELECTEDVALUE() did not work for me either.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors