Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

difference between measure with filters applied

Hi,

I am trying to calculate the difference for categoryies in the table below. My idea was that once i added up the number propensity added measure and the number propsentiy moved measure i would get the difference. Yet what i get is 0 when i add these 2 measures together. For example I want to get a column that has my excellent for my new table to be 96-54=42, very good being 450-322 = 128 etc. The number of rows here are just a countrow measure which i do not see a way to help me get the difference.

Number Propensity Added = CALCULATE(COUNT(DONOR_TABLE[Propensity Category]),FILTER(DONOR_TABLE,DONOR_TABLE[Propensity Category] <> DONOR_TABLE[Propensity Category Old]))+0

Number propensity Removed =
-CALCULATE(COUNT(DONOR_TABLE[Propensity Category Old]),FILTER(DONOR_TABLE,DONOR_TABLE[Propensity Category]<>DONOR_TABLE[Propensity Category Old]))+0

dq1770_1-1654206286086.png

Any help is much appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
Whitewater100
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi:

Do you have a data model or just a table? Depending on that this maneuveur can be three measures:

New Total = SUM(Table[Donor Added])

Old Total = SUM(TableName[Donor Removed])

Change = [New Total] - [Old Total]) 

If you want to share sample data in pbix or excel, please do. Thanks..

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi:

Both the donor added and donor removed are measures and they can not be manipulated by the sum function. The way that i created these 2 measures are in the description. 

Sadly i can not share data, as it is confidential. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors