Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mmahachi
Advocate I
Advocate I

count is not surfacing relationship in pie chart

I can't believe this is even an issue it's bizarre. I want to show a simple count in categories on donut chart involving 2 tables with a direct relaitonship, and I can get the values in a table but only when adding certain columns from both tables and I don't know how to replicate that filter context in the donut chart or why i even need to since the tables are already directly related. 

The 2 tables the all awards has only a subset of the ids that are linked on our full ids table vproject. the full table tells me which customer the different projects are with and I only want to see the 33 projects on the awards table and which customers they belong to. instead the filter isn't carrying when I go to the donut chart as it just show the 33 projects belonging to every customer in the database. 

any idea how i can force the filter context with dax? I've tried values, calculate but nothing is working so far. 

donut relationships.PNGdonut going nuts and table showing correctly numbersdonut going nuts and table showing correctly numbers

1 REPLY 1
rafaelcostatl
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

One of the possible problems I see is that the relationship is set to "one way only". Maybe changing the relationship type of the link between the tables would work. 

Having many-to-many relationships is problematic in general (at least I had some problems with power bi getting lost in them). But if the model are just those 2 tables, I think it is safe to keep it.

Any dimension/measure of either table should work together fine with all that said.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards

Rafael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors