Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

compare table values with a measure does not work

Hello all,

I have observed a behaviour in DAX that I can't understand.

I want to compare  the "Leadtime" column in a table to determine the elements with "Leadtime" greater than a threshold:

00_IsLTmorethanT2 = ('AO Input'[Leadtime]> 'AO Input'[10_minLT]) #this does not work

'AO Input'[Leadtime] is a column
'AO Input'[10_minLT] is a measure (copied at the end of this message)

The expression written this way does not work.
It works if instead of an expression I compare against a constant value:

00_IsLTmorethanT2 = 'AO Input'[Leadtime]> 360 #this works

How can I fix this? Thanks for your help.

The expression calculating 10_minLT is this (it is a workaround to let the user input a parameter using a filter)
10_minLT =
IF (
    HASONEVALUE (T2[Material Lead Time]);
    VALUES (T2[Material Lead Time]);
    180)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

You have a calculated column in your table . That is static and there is no filter context; that's why your measure will always yield 180 HASONEVALUE is always FALSE. You need to create a measure and use it in the table visual:

00_IsLTmorethanT2_Measure = (SELECTEDVALUE('AO Input'[Ges. Beschaffungszeit]) > 'AO Input'[10_minLT2])
and get rid of the  00_IsLTmorethanT2 column. See attached file

Please mark the question solved when we get to the solution and consider kudoing if posts are helpful.

Cheers  Datanaut

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

You have a calculated column in your table . That is static and there is no filter context; that's why your measure will always yield 180 HASONEVALUE is always FALSE. You need to create a measure and use it in the table visual:

00_IsLTmorethanT2_Measure = (SELECTEDVALUE('AO Input'[Ges. Beschaffungszeit]) > 'AO Input'[10_minLT2])
and get rid of the  00_IsLTmorethanT2 column. See attached file

Please mark the question solved when we get to the solution and consider kudoing if posts are helpful.

Cheers  Datanaut

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thanks @AlB , it works great and I accepted your reply as solution.

Actually, in my full report I still have the issue that the comparison result is not updated. That report is much more complicated, with different tables & relations among them.

I'll try sorting it out myself, keeping in mind that calculated columns are static.

Thanks again and have a nice day!

AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you share the pbix, or a simplified version thereof that reproduces the issue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlB Thanks for replying.

yes, sure I can share a reduced version.

What is the recommended way of sharing pbix? I checked out the "using the community" forum but did not find instructions there.

(maybe a hint for @BrandyG_iTalent to add a "how to share a pbix with the community" there).

Many thanks and regards.

@Anonymous 

Sounds like a good idea. Many people actually ask that.

You have to share the URL to the file hosted elsewhere: Dropbox, Onedrive... or just upload the file to a site like tinyupload.com (no sign-up required).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @AlB ,

I'll do with onedrive:

link to folder

In the folder I added the pbix and the data source (an excel sheet).

Thanks again,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors