Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jjkmd
Helper I
Helper I

adding up all values in a previous calculation

I'm trying to do a series of calculations that I won't go into at the moment.

I'm starting with a column "Charges90Rule"

Then create a measure

Charges All Partners 90% Rule = 
CALCULATE(sum(Monthly[Charges90Rule]),All(Monthly[Provider]),all(Provider),Monthly[Partner Status]="Partner")

This works to put the sum of "charges90Rule" in each and every row in the column.

Annotation 2019-07-22 222050.jpg

Then I do a few more calculations, and arrive at the measure "Average Charges per partner 90 Capped".  When I try to do the same adding up as I did before...

Charges All Partners 90% Rule Capped = 
CALCULATE([Average charges per partner 90 Capped],All(Monthly[Provider]),all(Provider),Monthly[Partner Status]="Partner")
I don't get something that adds up all the values - I get something in the 600k range when it should be in the high 3M range.  Seemingly same formula.  Is there some filter/summarize/all/values command I can mix in there to make this work?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@jjkmd I don't know how your tables are set up, why you are doing ALL (monthly[provider] and All(Provider)

Looks like you have provider table linked with monthly table.

Try following measure to sum up average

CALCULATE( SUMX( VALUES( Monthly[Provider] ), [Average charges per partner 90 Capped]),Monthly[Partner Status]="Partner")

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@jjkmd I don't know how your tables are set up, why you are doing ALL (monthly[provider] and All(Provider)

Looks like you have provider table linked with monthly table.

Try following measure to sum up average

CALCULATE( SUMX( VALUES( Monthly[Provider] ), [Average charges per partner 90 Capped]),Monthly[Partner Status]="Partner")

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks, that worked with one minor tweak

Charges all partners capped via forums = CALCULATE( SUMX( VALUES( Monthly[Provider] ), [Average charges per partner 90 Capped]),all(Provider),Monthly[Partner Status]="Partner")

That gets me....
Capture.JPG

You were right I did not need both ALL (monthly[provider]) and All(Provider); but I do need the All(Provider) in order for each row above to be the 3.4M number.  Interestingly the ALL (monthly[provider]) does not get that.

Your formula got me 
Capture1.JPG

Still, that got me on the very right track.  it appears the key was to use the SUMX( VALUES( Monthly[Provider] ).  I"m going to have to research what kind of alchemy that "values" does.  ALso why you used Monthly[provider] with "Values".  I think once I understand that some concepts will click into place.

Thank you @parry2k 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors