Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mniknejad
Frequent Visitor

Wrong total amount

I am creating a measure like this

[Un-Allocated]*[SalesUnitPrice test]
it's number of ordrer multipy with unit price  in subtotal I am getting wron number becuase 
it ganna multipy  sum([Un-Allocated]) * sum ([SalesUnitPrice test]) and I don't want it I don't know how can I resolve this ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you have a few options with this.  You can perform the calculation as a calculated column.  For every Row Un-Allowcated * SalesUnprice.  Then simply wrtie a measure for that calculated column.  Or you can use SUMX.

That would look like the following..  SUMX( <Table>, UnAllocated Column * SalesUnit Price)

This sumx will iterate through the granularity put in table.  It can be very expensive if your fact table is very large, if that is the case I recommend performing a calculated column.  The X functions are great when you create a small summarize/filtered list that should need to be itterated through.  Try getting close and post if you don't get it.  Also if need help implementing please publish the tables and relationships needed for this measure.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you have a few options with this.  You can perform the calculation as a calculated column.  For every Row Un-Allowcated * SalesUnprice.  Then simply wrtie a measure for that calculated column.  Or you can use SUMX.

That would look like the following..  SUMX( <Table>, UnAllocated Column * SalesUnit Price)

This sumx will iterate through the granularity put in table.  It can be very expensive if your fact table is very large, if that is the case I recommend performing a calculated column.  The X functions are great when you create a small summarize/filtered list that should need to be itterated through.  Try getting close and post if you don't get it.  Also if need help implementing please publish the tables and relationships needed for this measure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors