Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

_iamsheinny
Frequent Visitor

Would like to ask regarding on POWER BI, I need to calculate only a distinct Order No

I would like to count distinct of Order number but when visualize in the table, Order No. can be still found in two category instead it should only be included in one category..

Table.png

On this table as you can see, it's okay on the total tally, but when breakdown to specific category it's not tally - it's over compared to total, since i believe some of the order no, where included on both category instead of only once..

Table2.png

5 REPLIES 5
_iamsheinny
Frequent Visitor

actually there are no relationship established, since it's from one table only...

_iamsheinny
Frequent Visitor

basically in power bi, i have an issue when i use category in matrix table....

FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

In your second table, what do you put to Values field?

Are all the mentioned columns (taker_name, On PT Flag, order_no, and dups)  from the same table?

actually this is the current situation.

I have an excel file to double check the data taht is in power bi..

in excel file, i have created a column to distinguish if each Order No. is distinct or Not.

in power bi, i just drag and drop the Order No. on the table and set it up in disticnt count.table_1.pngTable_2.png

name-order is many-many relationship, order-flag is one-many relationship?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors