Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

marctiram
Frequent Visitor

Workaround | Measure as x-axis

Hi everyone,

I am monitoring the adoption level of an application.

Overall, I have a table that capture the user name and dates when they connect to the app so I can deduce how often they use it and classify them by frequency type "high", "medium","low".

However, I do not reach to display the measure I created as X-axis and it seems it is not possible so I try to find a workaround - but still have not found it...

Any suggestions? I attached an excel that illustres what I try to do as well as my PowerBI draft then. Thanks a lot!

Excel illustration: https://easyupload.io/82x39b

PowerBI draft: https://easyupload.io/monkm2 

6 REPLIES 6
marctiram
Frequent Visitor

Any support?

daXtreme
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

On the x-axis you can only place columns, never measures (with the exception of the scatter chart, I think). So, create a dimension where you'll store all or a selection of the measure's expected values and voila! You'll be able to use the values on the axis.

Thanks a lots for the quick support! Just not sure what you mean by "create a dimension and store the measures". Do you refer to a new table with measures as columns? I tried something like this but it was not working either. Might you share some more details to better understand which workaround you suggest?

Dimensional modeling is the heart of Power BI. If you don't know what it is... well, my advice is you should learn it rather sooner than later. Here's something to get you started.

By the way, I did not say "create a dimension and store the measures." I said "[...] where you'll store all or a selection of the measure's expected values." That's a very important difference.

Any help?

I watched the video and I understand what you mean by dimensional modeling now but still struggling to understand how to apply it to my needs in order to report the number of users by level of application use. Would you have some concrete examples I could use as reference for similar things for instance?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors