Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Typhoon74
Helper I
Helper I

Why is my custom column not accepted as a filter?

With this approach, I would like to exclude archived data from my report by only using one column to filter instead of 6 coming from related tables.

On my main data table,

I created new columns to retrieve the archive value 0 or 1 from related tables.
(Archived Area, .... Customer, .... Model, .... Component, .... Phase, .... Tests)

With an additional column (ARCHIVE) I am summarizing if any of the archived columns has a 1 it should have 1. This is working as expected.
The example below is is showing 1 on ARCHIVE because Archived Phases has a 1.

Typhoon74_0-1643281752495.png

But now when using the ARCHIVE column on my report to filter, this is not excepted to filter the data. But when I use a column where the related data (Archived Phases) are in, that works.

Does anyone have an explanation for this?

Typhoon74_1-1643282189100.png

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Typhoon74 , This should work, As this column can be 1 because of few other columns are 1, Are these ids have value =0 or 1 for the ARCHIVE column, check that first?

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

@amitchandak yes these two IDs are having 1 for ARCHIVE

Typhoon74_0-1643286743275.png

@Typhoon74 ,
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors