Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

While appending two or more tables- Taking too much time or failed

Dear Folks,

Could all of you please suggest , is there any other way to append the tables 2 or more as it is taking too much time or either failed to compiled.

Does it depend on net speed or local machine.

I am very dissapointed on this.

Power BI having too much drowbacks regarding compling,merging,refreshing on large amount of data but Tableau does in a seconds on any amout  of data ?

Sometimes feel PowerBI is on good ?

Whats your suggestions?

@amitchandak @parry2k @Anonymous @lbendlin @mahoneypat 

Thanks

Shiv

8 REPLIES 8
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous my last reply to this post and sorry I cannot help further. Good luck!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok No issue. Thanks for your valuable reply

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous just relax. Don't make an opinion until you hear the solution.

You can use parameters to filter records on desktop and the in Power BI service, you can change the parameter value to load the full table. There are tons of posts on how to do this.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

and it is called rant....you need to plan, there is no plan to do pull all the data while working on desktop, you can pull sample data and solution on it and then publish it to Power BI service, and pull the full data. Many ways to overcome, the question to ask, why someone need to pull the whole dataset in the desktop while developing the solution.  

Just my 2 cents.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to clear on data as I have developed the dashboard on sample data and before publishing on power BI service portal ,have to change the filter or not ? we all know have to change the filter.

if we published on portal and didnot change the filter in this case dashboard will refresh but it will not pick the data before date range or above date range.

Is option availabe to change date range or clear on power bi service portal ? ANSER IS NO

So how will we change

Only option is- change the date range or clear the filter from date range and pull the data then publish it on portal.

Dear parry it is not RANTING. You are ranting. please research on it or have any other option please request you to share logic here . Thanks ?

:):)

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous your data source and latency/network speed

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous very hard to comment on such little information. You can surely RANT, but without knowing the details, it is very hard to answer. Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Parry

I am not ranting, I am working on actual transactinal data .

One table having 30mn records and another having only 3mn and appending second table into 1st.

while appending it s showing only running nothing else.

My questions is 

does it depend on net speed or machine configuration or something other ?

is any other way to to this ?

Please chech below codes .

let
#"Appended Query" = Table.Combine({Source, #"db_CSA_Data Yield_Sec_Test1"}),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Appended Query",{{"InvoiceDate", type date}}),
#"Appended Query1" = Table.Combine({#"Changed Type", #"db_CSA_Data yield_master_PowerBI"})
in
#"Appended Query1"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors