Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NicolasD
Frequent Visitor

What-If Paramater is not inclouded in Total of Column

Hi Everyone, 

I hade made 2 What if Paramater.

1. is a Number which should show a monthly minimum fee

2. is a percentage, which will calculate a Kommission based on a dataset.

If the Kommission is lower than the minimum fee, the minimum fee should be take in calculation, if not use the Kommission:

image.png

So the IF- Paramater in "Minimum or Online Kommission" is:

Minimum or Online Kommission = IF([0001 Calculated Online Kommission]<'0003 Minimum Fee'[Fix Amount-Wert],[Fix Amount-Wert],[0001 Calculated Online Kommission])
So in May, the online Kommission is smaller and correltcy he shows the 1000,- Euro Minimum Fee in the right Column, but not updated the total on the buttom. Which also leads in the result, that it doesnt calculate with this What if at all.... Any Ideas or do i understant ssomething completely wrong here?

Thanks for any help-.
2 REPLIES 2
Mariusz
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @NicolasD 

It looks like you are calculating column ( columns are not dynamic and will execute only on a load of the model ), if you want to have a dynamic output then create a measure.

Best Regards,
Mariusz

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution.

Please feel free to connect with me.
LinkedIn

Hi @MariusC ,

all Columns you see are actually Meassures.

The Issue is only, that it doesn't or include the Meassures correctly in a caclulation. 

NicolasD_0-1594118622561.png

0001 Calculated Online Kommission =
[Active Resa] * '0002 Online Kommission'[Variable-Wert]

Minimum or Online Kommission = IF([0001 Calculated Online Kommission]<'0003 Minimum Fee'[Fix Amount-Wert],[Fix Amount-Wert],'0002 Online Kommission'[Variable-Wert])

Summe of New Invoice = IF([0001 Calculated Online Kommission]<'0003 Minimum Fee'[Fix Amount-Wert], [Fix Amount-Wert], [Active Resa] * '0002 Online Kommission'[Variable-Wert])

So what Meassure must i create to get a correct Total of Summe of New Invoice?
The 1000 in May is also defined as number, it exchanged the value correctly but meassure then with the Value from May in 0001 Calculated Online Kommission instead of the 1000,- Euro? and i don't understand why...;(

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors