Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Weighted average rate for total

Hi!

I am working on revaluating outstanding balances on a specific date at the exchange rate in the system for that date.

As it happens that 2 or more values for a currency's exchange rates get captured in the system on a given date, I pick up the relevant exchange rate via the following measure:
Exchange rate at selected date = MAXX(TOPN(1;FILTER('Exchange Rate';'Exchange Rate'[exchange_date]<=[SelectedDate]);'Exchange Rate'[exchange_date];DESC);'Exchange Rate'[exchange_rate])

This works fine for my purposes, BUT on the total line it pulls up the max of all the exchange rates whilst I would rather show the weighted average.

The big problem comes in when calculating the total revaluation amount. Per currency it works fine, but instead of adding the total in the total line it calculates the total as Total Balance in Invoiced currency x Max of all exchange rates.

The correct answer in the total line for the revaluation amount should be either
1) sum of all the revaluation amounts calculated    or else
2) Total balance in Invoiced currency x weighted average exchange rate

Please help!Capture.PNG

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors