Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Balaraju
Helper II
Helper II

Want to Extract new user and Old user in different features or column

Hi Guys.,

I want to extract New user and Existing users based on User id and Month start date.  We have three features(columns) FB Access, FB Delete and FB Usage I need New user and Existing for all these three features values are showing below these columns are usage of the feature.

I want dax to extract for all the mentioned columns. below is the table attached to this query. 

Note: Also I want to extract new users based on previous year. i.e if the user have used the feature in 01-09-2021 and then he just uninstalled the app in that year . and later he tried to use it in 01-11-2022. then I want that user also to be consider as new user.

Balaraju_0-1643370224958.png

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Balaraju , Usually this is how we do. We check duration is user has a record or not. and then compare with other duration and take the decision of new

refer these example. Current and last duration need to be as per need 

Customer Retention Part 1:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Customer-Retention-Part-1-Month-on-Month-Retention/b...
Customer Retention Part 2: Period over Period Retention :https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Customer-Retention-Part-2-Period-over-Period-Retenti...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors