Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Vizualization of calculated value distribution

Hi all,

I am looking for a count of bins made of a measuer.

What I have is a huge table with diffrent inforamtion, made by measurement equipment wich logs a dataset each second.

The information are identified by ID and deviceNumber. I calculated an avarage value for each process, so I get following structure - wherby "average temp" is a measure.

Table.JPG

What I try to realise is a graph were average temperature will be the Axis ( bins of 2 - 5 °C) and the count of average values from the data will be value. So a sort of average value distribution will be showd

Anyway, do anyone know how to get a calculated value (measure) into a context that it can be displayed?

Best regards,

Dominik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You are going to need to use some variation of the Disconnected Table Trick as this article demonstrates: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick...

You will want to create a table of your bins. Then, you will need a measure that essentially is a SWITCH statement to determine which bin is in context and then calculate the result accordingly for each bin.

So, for example, you are in bin 25-30 degrees Celcius. You would recognize that in your SWITCH statement and then probably use SUMMARIZE or GROUPBY along with maybe ADDCOLUMNS to get a variable that is a table of your values and has your average temp measure in it (probably where the ADDCOLUMNS) comes in. Then you would filter that to the range for the bin and return the COUNTX of it.

Something like that.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You are going to need to use some variation of the Disconnected Table Trick as this article demonstrates: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick...

You will want to create a table of your bins. Then, you will need a measure that essentially is a SWITCH statement to determine which bin is in context and then calculate the result accordingly for each bin.

So, for example, you are in bin 25-30 degrees Celcius. You would recognize that in your SWITCH statement and then probably use SUMMARIZE or GROUPBY along with maybe ADDCOLUMNS to get a variable that is a table of your values and has your average temp measure in it (probably where the ADDCOLUMNS) comes in. Then you would filter that to the range for the bin and return the COUNTX of it.

Something like that.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors