Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

souvik900766
Helper IV
Helper IV

Visuals taking long time too load and refresh

Hi,
The dataset:-https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/tm826pkz2ucu6qfoqhysu/case.xlsx?
dl=0&rlkey=mhxbdwjxuzngha2ptt624q5nk

Power BI dashboard:-https://www.dropbox.com/s/bdtc2t7g440xx7j/try.pbix?dl=0

My Problem :-
My dataset contains around 80k rows and want to show a line chart based on count of Top 99% product and Bottom 1 % product. I have a slicer that has value and volume and some other slicers also. My line chart is taking atleast 25 Mins to load or refresh while switching between slicers.
I want help on how can I reduce the time from 25 mins to 1 mins or less.
All the measures used, is in the dashboard. Kindly see if there is a need to optimize the measures.
I have also tried to use DAX studio but failed to find the issue.
Above is the excel file and power bi link.

4 REPLIES 4
jameszhang0805
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

@souvik900766  I have checked your file. Your request is similar to ABC analysis. Because you have too many product IDs(around 25k unique value, your measure calculation takes up a lot of memory, so it will take a long time to refresh.
I have provided 2 kinds of solution :

1st, dynamic measure, I optimized your code. It takes about 32 seconds to query the results, and the FE engine is used, the SE engine has no room for optimization. I think it is not a good solution. Because making users wait so long time after selection is a bad experience.

jameszhang0805_0-1615816313267.png

2nd, Create a calculation table, calculate the results of the cumulated values first. Since the data refresh of the calculation table is done when the data source is refreshed and loaded,so it will save lots of time on the measure calculation. it will also increase the speed of your chart refresh.

Optimize TOP customers.pbix 

Hi !
I cant see your file !
Its saying no longer exists !

AntrikshSharma
Community Champion
Community Champion

@souvik900766 There is no relationship between Vol/Val and End Users table hence that Slicer isn't useful at all. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors