Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Brandaris
Helper I
Helper I

Vertical aggregation (income statement)

Hello Power BI user,

I have a challenge, which I couldn't quite figure out until now. Despite some videos about this, wherein the end result where I'm looking for can be seen, unfortunately I didn't succeed.

It seems so simple when I'm looking to the images of the end results on YouTube, for example, that I can hardly believe that I don't see the solution yet..... 

It concerns here a financial overview, in which subtotals have to be made in a matrix, such as Gross profit and EBITA.

I work with ledger accounts, to which I have assigned multiple levels of aggregation. For example, at the highest level:

* Revenue
* Cost price
* Operational costs.
That works fine in a matrix.

But I would like to show the difference between Revenue and Cost Price in a subtotal Gross Margin (Revenue minus Cost).

The same for example Operating profit (Difference between Gross Margin and Operating Costs).

I look forward with great interest to your "golden" solution, for which I would like to thank you very much in advance.

Kind regards,

Hans

2 REPLIES 2
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Brandaris 

I am not sure what sort of solution you are looking for in addition to the standard custom total lines in P&L.

Please refer to this video form Matt: https://exceleratorbi.com.au/build-a-pl-with-power-bi/

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Hi Fowmy,

Thank you very much for your quick reaction.

It was just as like at the denstist's room, after making an appointment, the toothache is gone......

I've found one hour ago a video, with a similar solution in it, but your suggestion is surely useful also. I'll keep it in my "video-library"!

Kind regards,

Hans

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors