Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kostask
Helper II
Helper II

VAR of measure (shares) to parent category measure (shares

Hi guys!

It looks pretty sophisticated and I'm struggling for many hours.

So, I have Customers / Customer Categories (A,B,C) /Product Categories (X,Y,Z). My central table has the sales data (Customer No, Product No & Sales Amount) and there is also another table with customer data (Customer No & Customer Category) and another with products' data (Product No & Product Category), which are connected to the central one.

I've calculated the shares of the product categories to every customer category :

-- Shares of Product Categories = DIVIDE([Total Sales],  CALCULATE([Total Sales],  ALL('Product Table')))
This works fine with customer Categories and the result of the Shares per Customer Category and product category is like this:

Customer CategoryProduct Categ. xProduct Categ. yProduct Categ. z
A50%30%20%
B40%40%20%
C60%10%30%

It also works fine with single customers

Customer Product Categ. xProduct Categ. yProduct Categ. z
Name130%40%30%
Name250%30%20%
Name320%40%30%

So, let's say that Customer with Name 1 with shares 30/40/30 belongs to Customer Category B with product shares 40/40/20 as above.

The hard to do is to find the variance of every customer's product category shares to the shares of the products for his customer category.

It means that finally, I want to calculate 30-40 / 40-40 / 30-20 which will give -10/0/10.

Is it possible to create this measure and use it at the customer level?

Thanx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @kostask 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your question.

Please check the below picture and the sample pbix file's link down below, whether it is what you are looking for.

I created the sample and tried to apply your logic to my sample.

All measures are in the sample pbix file, and I hope you can easily follow the steps.

Picture1.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvigj4ihu246qcn/kostask.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Hi, @kostask 

Please correct me if I wrongly understood your question.

Please check the below picture and the sample pbix file's link down below, whether it is what you are looking for.

I created the sample and tried to apply your logic to my sample.

All measures are in the sample pbix file, and I hope you can easily follow the steps.

Picture1.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvigj4ihu246qcn/kostask.pbix?dl=0 

Hi, My name is Jihwan Kim.

If this post helps, then please consider accept it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jihwankim1975/

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

@Jihwan_Kim Couldn't be better than your solution. Thanx, a lot Kim for your precise reply and your time. Great work!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors