Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NeshR
Frequent Visitor

Using Measure as a Column within another Measure

Hi Everyone,

I've got this problem that is very straightforward in Excel, but having trouble in PowerBI. Basically, I have my data, each with a unique RowID (1 - 10,000). I have a couple WhatIf parameters that I would like to apply to Column 1 in the data on a ROW level. Since WhatIf parameters can only be used in measures, I used the following to do this:

Measure 1 = SUMX(Table, Table[Column 1] + [Parameter 1 Value]*[Parameter 2 Value])

I can use this in a matrix with RowID to get the row by row calculation, but this isn't what I'm interested in. I then need to use the PERCENTILE.INC function for a list of percentiles on the column Measure 1. However, since Measure 1 isn't actually a column stored anywhere, I cannot access it from the PERCENTILE.INC function.

Is there any way around this? I was thinking if it is possible to output a table with RowID and Measure 1 which could then be referenced in the PERCENTILE.INC function?

In short: I need to apply WhatIf parameters to a column in the data on a row level, then use the resulting column in a percentile function. The problem is it appears this all needs to be done via measures since calculated columns cannot use WhatIf parameters.

Thank you!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NeshR
Frequent Visitor

Wait, I believe I've figured this out. Just using the PERCENTILEX function instead of SUMX appears to give the desired result.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NeshR
Frequent Visitor

Wait, I believe I've figured this out. Just using the PERCENTILEX function instead of SUMX appears to give the desired result.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors