Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AltGr9
Helper I
Helper I

Using ALL in DAX with a text column

What I want should be fairly simple.

I'm filtering my report on the project column, but I want a particular table to return all projects. Because what I'm trying to achieve, I can't simply Edit Interactions, to prevent the filter from filtering the visual concerned, on account of another measure included in it, which requires the user-imputted filter option.

So I tried creating a measure, like this, using ALL, to disregard the filter:

All Projects = ALL('Work'[Project Name])

This didn't work. The error was:

"A table of multiple values was supplied where a single value was expected."

Somewhere I read about using ALL with CALCULATETABLE, so I tried this:

All Projects = CALCULATETABLE('Work',ALL('Work'[Project Name]))
This didn't work either. The error was:

"The expression refers to multiple columns. Multiple columns cannot be converted to a scalar value).

Where am I going wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AltGr9 why not use Edit Interactions to not filter that table visual on selection of slicer. Read here more about it

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

In short, because what I'm trying to achieve requires that visual to be filtered by the Project filter, on account of another measure included in it.

@AltGr9 sorry I;m not fully clear about your question. Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors