Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ah2020
Helper I
Helper I

User Selection on Slicers to show as Text in a Text Box or Card: is this possible?

Hi all,

I would like to create a feature in my Power BI Report where the selection(s) made by a user on the available Slicers are displayed in a set of Cards (visual) or a Text Box. 

Let me explain further: Assuming I have 2 slicers (Month-Year, Hotel). If the user selects "Jan 2019" on the Month-Year Slicer and "Hotel B" on Hotel Slicer, is it possible to display those 2 selections on my Report through a TextBox or any other Visual? In this case, I will need to have 2 separate Visuals (one for the Month-Year and the other for the Hotel). 

Also, if the User selects all the Month-Year and all the Hotels on the Slicers, the "Text Box" or "Card" will show  "All Month-Year" and "All Hotels" respectively.

I am posting this in the DAX forum as I believe DAX can work some magic here.

I had a look at this post: How to show/display slicer selection values in text box/charts dynamically as for title purpose 

However, it relates more to changing Chart Titles dynamically.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Picture1.png

Link to the sample pbix file 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jihwan_Kim
Super User
Super User

Picture1.png

Link to the sample pbix file 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster, and give a big thumbs up.

Go to My LinkedIn Page

Thank you very much! Brilliant! Exactly what I was after.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors