Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jbirdme
Regular Visitor

Unique and duplicate value question

I have a table with a unique field (name) and a duplicate field (ID), as some have name changes but their ID stays the same.  I want to be able to select a name, and see all records associated with the ID, not just the name.  Any suggestions? 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I got a very good suggestion for you. Go to this place and read. Once you've understood, please come back and ask your question.

Thanks.

Best

Darek

Darlene, I read the post about ettiquite on this forum.  I am not sure which of these rules you are referring to concerning my post.  I posted it in DAX because I thought there is probably a DAX solution to my issue.  I am not sure what other "rules" I may have violated.  

Thanks,

--Jay

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not saying anything about violations. I'm saying that you should be way more specific when you ask questions and post some, even if simplified, examples of what it is you need. I'll tell you that I'VE BEEN WRONG if you get an answer. However, if you see that nobody wants to answer your question, then rest assured that I've been right in my first answer to your post.

That's all 🙂 No harm was meant.

Best

Darek

You may be correct

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors