Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

roxieli123
Frequent Visitor

USERELATIONSHIP not working

I'm currently building a billing report, which I have "Account" table and "Billing" Table, between them there are two relationships that are needed in different tabs, one of them being

Account"[Account Number]  one-to-many "Billing"[Account Number]
the other is:
"Account"[Account Number] one-to-many "Billing"[Payment Account Number]

when I make the first one active, second one inactive and use USERELATIONSHIP for second relationship, my query just keeps running and running but never return results and end up showing error message saying "exceed the limit of 1000000 rows"
1.png
I tried the reverse (make first deactive, second active), it is the same situation where it doesnt return any results and becomd error after a few mins

However, when I dont use USERELATIONSHIP, and make the relationship I need at the time active(simply delete the USERELATIONSHIP part of the DAX and make that relationship active), it returns the correct result right away

Since I need both of the relationsihps in different places of the report, I will have to use USERELATIONSHIP, however it seems to me that the USERELATIONSHIP function is just not working for me, and that I am sure the actual relationship (active or Inactive) are correct because I test it out.

Can anyone help me with this?
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors