Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Transactions per machine between first day of operation and next 90 days

I am currently analyzing transaction-statistics at the company I'm working for. We have a lot of machines that has different first dates of operation (i.e. one has first date of operation 02.03.17 and another has 04.03.20). We wish to get some insight in how the development of transactions per machine is in the first 90 days of operation and to see if there is differences between the machines.

I have used this DAX-formula to calculate the total number of transactions between the first operation date and the first 90 days in operation: 

Operation date +90 = Calculate([total no of transactions], DATESINPERIOD(Datetable[Date], FIRSTDATE('dimNode')[operation_date],90,DAY))

With the DAX-formula above I am able to see the number of transactions on an aggregated level of the whole period.

Now I want to see the day-by-day accumulated development in transactions in this period to compare the development on the different machines. The goal is to be able to visualize this in different diagrams where it is possible to filter out specific machines. 

6 REPLIES 6
stevedep
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Lift the date filter all( date), add one: date m< min(date) + 90 dates (less than that date)

harshnathani
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @Anonymous ,

You can try this measure

Measure =
CALCULATE (
    [total no of transaction]
    DATESINPERIOD ( 'Calendar'[Date], MIN ( 'Calendar'[Date] ), 90, DAY )
)

Regards,

Harsh Nathani

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the answer @harshnathani , but this gives me the same result as the DAX-formula I outlined in the first post, which is calculating the number of transactions for the whole period and then I can filter per machine/location.

What I am trying to extract is the day-by-day accumulation of transactions within the timeperiod of the first 90 days for each machine, so that I can compare the development for specific machines.

I am not sure if I have to change the DAX-formula I already have to be able to do this or if I only need to create a new measure.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thejeswar @harshnathani 
Do you know how to do this? Please see previous posts to get to know the problem.

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you share some sample data ?

Regards,

HN

Anonymous
Not applicable

Of course @harshnathani 

Using the formula I outlined in a previous post I've managed to get these results:

Machine-IDNumber of transactions the first 90 days in operation
Machine-XXX90 832
Machine-XXX70 111
Machine-XXX42 000

What I would like to be able to do is to see/visualize in a diagram how the curve/development of transactions per machine occurs day-by-day/week-by-week within this time-period and to compare the different machines. In example I want to be able to drag and drop different machines by location and compare specific machines (i.e. machines in the same geographical area). 

The DAX-formula I've used to get number of transactions the first 90 days of operation is this: 

Transactions operation date +90 = CALCULATE([total no of transactions],DATESINPERIOD(Dates[Date],FIRSTDATE(dimNode[operation_date]),90,DAY))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors