Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

To add slicer in calculated table.

Actually I have a three table one is fact table and other two dimensional table. ie, calulated table. 

Eg: table 1   table 2  table 3

Table 1 is main table. Table 2 and 3 is calculated table. I need to add slicer from table 1 to table 3.but there is no relationship among those tables. 

How to add slicer to the calculated table? 

Anyone please help to sort it out. 

14 REPLIES 14
VahidDM
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

What do you want to do? Do you want to use a slicer to filter Table 1 and Table 3 without a relationship?

https://www.sqlbi.com/blog/marco/2010/02/09/how-to-relate-tables-in-dax-without-using-relationships/

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos✌️!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually table 3 is calculated table. There is no unique values in both the tables.so we need to use that slicer in calculated table ie, table 3 as a filter.

Hi @Anonymous 

You can use SELECTEDVALUE in the Calculated table dax codes to filter that based on the selected item on slicer.

Can you share a sample of your file here after removing sensitive ata?

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos🙏!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @VahidDM.Thanks for ur help

I have attached the image of that calculated table.in that i have taken a measure from 360 main table. From that main table I need to get the slicer and add it to the calculated table dax.for example.in the slicer there are four names like

Sujith

Vahid

Chan

Kong.

If I filtered these names it should show datas for selected name. 

IMG-20210921-WA0020.jpg

Hi @Anonymous 

Try to use a filter in your codes, something like this:

Summary Data 1 = calculatetable((UNION(.......Your Codes),filter(360,360[Name Column]=SELECTEDVALUE(360[Name Column])))

Appreciate your Kudos🙏!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

 Hi, it showing as an error. I have send the screenshot of that. 

IMG-20210921-WA0025.jpg

Hi @Anonymous 

Befor filter in your code close Union parentheses.

it should be )),filter(

Appreciate your Kudos🙏!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi@VahidDM.if I used that no error is showing but there is no values are showing as I attached in the screenshot. 

IMG_20210922_113954.jpg

Hi @Anonymous 

Can you share your file or sample of your data here? to find out what are those measures and how to find a good solution.

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @VahidDM i have attaches the sample file. http://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/reports/702250ad-915f-42bb-8665-f1f737d69e05/ReportSectionca12deafa... . Please check and help to sort out. 

Hi @Anonymous 

Please share your PBIX file (Desktop version); you can share that on google drive, Dri=opbox, Gofile.io,...

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @VahidDM please help to sort it out. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://gofile.io/d/s1lPqZ

• Please check this also. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors