Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Three year Average

Hi, I need help with calculating 3-year average for selected Quarter.

If a user selects 2019.Q2 reporting period, then I want average of 2017.Q2, 2018.Q2, and 2019.Q2

I have a DATE table and slicer values are based on this DATE table.

I want output as shown in the picture.

I've Sales Measure

for LYSales am using SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR

3YrAvg.PNG

Please help me.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention that I have Report level filter to show only data from 2019.Q2 as we are going live/production with 2019.Q2 eventhough we have data previous years for Averages.

So I wanted to include logic to ignore Report level.Page level filters to get LY, LLY Sales.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the solution:

LLYSales = CALCULATE([Sales],
                                             FILTER(ALL(dates), AND (Dates[Year] = SELECTEDVALUE(Dates[Year],ERROR("Please select Reporting Period"))-2,
                                                                                      Dates[Quarter]=SELECTEDVALUE(Dates[Quarter],ERROR("Please select Reporting Period")))))
If I use SELECTEDVALUE directly then only am getting correct output instead if I pass Measures which stores selected value of Year and Quarter its not working.
I verified YearSlected, QuarterSelected measures by placing on to a Card and am seeing correct values as 2019, and 2.

First I started testing with this below query:
                LLYSalesTest = CALCULATE([Saless],ALL(dates),Dates[Year]=2017, Dates[Quarter]=2) -- Prev Prev Year (2019-2)

All these Dates (Year and Quarter) are from DATE table, not Fact table.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors