Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YihaoSun
Frequent Visitor

The total of a measure does not work

Hi all,

I have a Customer Judgement code like below, which calculate and compare its Revenue for L12M and L12MLY, for making the Customer judgement. (Revenue inside below is also a measure)

YihaoSun_0-1624552285659.png

This part of code above works well, following my data validation, which is good. And then I wanna do a counting about how many "New" Customer do I have in this case, so I wrote a measure called "Tik1", whose code is like below:

YihaoSun_1-1624552688531.png

And then after put them both into the PowerBI matrix, you can see the matrix like below:

YihaoSun_2-1624552835882.png

In each row it represents an unique Customer, the measure [RealMovement] can have a correct judgement, and [Tik1] can actually recognize it as 1. But when we check the total of the [Tik1], we realize that it is not even doing the sum-up at all...., which is my major problem..

I see the challeague of this is from two perspectives:
first of all, I am trying to do a counting when my [meausre] statisfying a condition (in my case is equal to "New"), I dont know if this is possible, no matter is using the COUNTROWS function directly, or like me using a [Tik1] measure to achieve that.

Secondly, if you observe the Total, it actually has a "Growing" for the whole pattern, whcih probably mulfunctions the Total of my [Tik1] measure.

I have been stuck at this issue for couple days, hope the mighty PowerBI community can help me with this. Any adviuces or info will be appreciated. Thanks in advance 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@YihaoSun , Try with all columns in row

Change your return as

sumx(summarize(Table, Table[Customer Name], Table[Date], "_1" , <Your return>),[_1])

In place of date you can add year, qtr etc

also check

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufHOOLdi_jk

Hi Amitchandak,

I also did another try in the [RalMovement_New] like below:

YihaoSun_0-1624614485902.png

The reason why I added-up this CALCULATETABLE, is because outside this measure, I have limited my time to May 2021, so by using the ALL function insdie I can realease the limit of the May 2021, and then make my calculation right. And then I remain what I have in the [SUM_Tik1], and then put them all into the Powerbi matrix like below:

YihaoSun_1-1624614687135.png

Now you can see both the previous and current [RealMoavement] [RealMovement_New] are working well, and the same as [Tik1], but when check the [SUM_Tik1],you can see it goes so wrong... Feels like the Movement ( [RealMovement] measure) and the Counting ([SUM_Tik1] measure) can not be wroking at the same time, which is truly weird...

Hi Amitchandak,

Thanks so much for the reply! I have tried it for my 'RealMovement' measure as what you mentioned:

YihaoSun_3-1624612131127.png

,along with the new SUM_Tik1 measure as below:

YihaoSun_4-1624612260131.png

, since in my case the "RealMove" will be outputed as a string, so here I use the MAXX instead. And then after I put it into the report, it shows as:

YihaoSun_5-1624612394194.png

The [RealMovement] is the previous measure, which is the ground truth of the Movement Label. And for the [RealMovement_New], it can only recognize part of the customers and then give the correct Movement Label, but for most of the other customers, it just gave a Blank... But on the other hand, this time, the [SUM_Tik1] measure can recognize all the "New" label, and gave a correct sum-over basing on the incomplete Movement Label...

I see this one truly as a process, at least now the sum-over can be done correctly... But just also need to figure out why the [RealMovement_New] can only recognize part of the customers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors