Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Switch formula with 2 conditions

Hello. 

The basis of my problem is this:

BeginningEndCycle
Fri  11:00:00Mon 10:59:5930
Mon 11:00:00Tue 10:59:5940
Tue 11:00:00Wen 10:59:5950
Wed 11:00:00Thu 10:59:5960
Thu 11:00:00Mon 10:59:59

Each row represent an order, which I have the information of: Payment Date, Number of Articles, Billing Date and So on. I already converted the payment date to a cycle, by following the structure in the table ahead. 

Now, I have these columns: [Cycle] (Text), [PaymentWeekDay] (Text), [PaymentDay (only day in date format)]. I need the limit date where each order correspond to a cycle. Example: If an order was payed today (31/12/2020)  my limit date is 04/01/2021 - cycle 20. 

I'm following this formula but I still have blanks: 

=SWITCH(TRUE();Table[Cycle]="Cycle 40"&&Table[PaymentWeekDay]="monday";DATEADD(Table[PaymentDay];+2;DAY);[Cycle]="Cycle 40"&&Table[PaymentWeekDay]="tuesday";DATEADD(Table[PaymentDay];+1;DAY);[Cycle]="Cycle 50"&&Table[PaymentWeekDay]="tuesday";DATEADD(Table[PaymentDay];+2;DAY);Table[Cycle]="Cycle 50"&&Table[PaymentWeekDay]="wednesday";DATEADD(Table[PaymentDay];+1;DAY);Table[Cycle]="Cycle 60"&&Table[PaymentWeekDay]="wednesday";DATEADD(Table[PaymentDay];+2;DAY);Table[Cycle]="Cycle 60"&&Table[PaymentWeekDay]="thrusday";DATEADD(Table[PaymentDay];+1;DAY);Table[Cycle]="Cycle 20"&&Table[PaymentWeekDay]="thrusday";DATEADD(Table[PaymentDay];+4;DAY);Table[Cycle]="Cycle 20"&&Table[PaymentWeekDay]="friday";DATEADD(Table[PaymentDay];+3;DAY);Table[Cycle]="Cycle 30"&&Table[PaymentWeekDay]="friday";DATEADD(Table[PaymentDay];+4;DAY);Table[Cycle]="Cycle 30"&&Table[PaymentWeekDay]="saturday";DATEADD(Table[PaymentDay];+3;DAY);Table[Cycle]="Cycle 30"&&Table[PaymentWeekDay]="sunday";DATEADD(Table[PaymentDay];+2;DAY);Table[Cycle]="Cycle 30"&&Table[PaymentWeekDay]="monday";DATEADD(Table[PaymentDay];+1;DAY);0)

Any Ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Have a look at the TREATAS() function.  It might help you to apply your filters more economically.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I assume "thrusday"  is just a typo?

Generally you will want to have a calendar/dates table in your data model so you can use Time Intelligence DAX functions rather than having to code this all manually.

Maybe you can supply sample data so we can assist better.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant thursday (I changed all of weekday entries to english) , I used a dax conversion of a date to weekday. I can't supply data, sorry...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors