Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andybamber
Helper III
Helper III

Switch, True & ISINSCOPE

Hi Everyone!

I have the following measure, which depending on what level of the organisation is selected in the slicer will show on a clustered column and line visual either the Headcount Budget or blank/nothing. The reason being is that we only had budget set at domain level, and i wanted to ensure when someone selects below this level they would see no data for headcount budget.

This has now changed and for cc_domain = "non-domain" we have headcount budgets set for the obs_level3, what I cant work out is how to change the code below to show headcount budget at obs_level3 where cc_domain = "non-domain", but not where cc_domain <> "non-domain"

Headcount_Budget_Wkly_Snap =

VAR HC = ""

VAR HCB = CALCULATE([Headcount Budget])

VAR obs_l7 =

ISINSCOPE(OBS_MAPPING[obs_level7])

VAR obs_l6 =

ISINSCOPE(OBS_MAPPING[obs_level6])

VAR obs_l5 =

ISINSCOPE(OBS_MAPPING[obs_level5])

VAR obs_l4 =

ISINSCOPE(OBS_MAPPING[obs_level4])

VAR obs_l3 =

ISINSCOPE(OBS_MAPPING[obs_level3])

VAR domain_sel =

ISINSCOPE ( CC_OWNERS_LN[cc_domain] )

RETURN

SWITCH (

TRUE (),

obs_l7,  HC,

obs_l6,  HC,

obs_l5,  HC,

obs_l4,  HCA,

obs_l3, HCB,

domain_sel, HCB,

HC    )

Any thoughts, is it even still possible to use a varient of the above code for this new scenario?

Cheers

Andy

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@andybamber , Create two measure var like this and use them

CALCULATE([Headcount Budget],Table[cc_domain] = "non-domain")
CALCULATE([Headcount Budget],Table[cc_domain] <> "non-domain")

Also, refer :https://www.kasperonbi.com/use-isinscope-to-get-the-right-hierarchy-level-in-dax/

Hi There @amitchandak , thanks for this... i'm not entirely sure that would be the solution, wouldn't this just include or exclude the actual non-domain numbers rather than not display them.... maybe these images might help describe what I am looking for: The first image shows data at the the Domain level (there are 9 domain names, and one of those domain names is 'non-domain') and you can see the headcount budget line, as expected

Domain LevelDomain Level

When you drill down from 'Non-Domain' (which is a domain) to the next level (L3) we can also see the headcount budget line, which for Non-Domain L3 is what I require

Non-Domain - L3Non-Domain - L3

The issue is that when i drill down on say the Business Support domain to L3 I also see the headcount budget line, this isnt what I want to see, i only want to see the headcount budget line for L3 for non-domain as above

Domain L3Domain L3

I hope that clarifies!

Cheers

Andy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors