Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KRISH80
Helper II
Helper II

Surprised : Values not adding up for few dates in the table

Dear All,

I am trying to simply find the TOTAL of 'OT Attach' business and the problem i am facing is values for date 4/17/2020 is not addaing up. Value for 4/27/2020 is 100K less. The data snap shot and the DAX used is listed below. If i simply copy the data from Power bi table to excel the total adds up correctly to $814 K but when i sum it up using DAX it is showing only $614 K. Kindly help me.

Total issue.png

The DAX i am using to total the column is as below. I tried 2 DAX. Both are giving me same results. 

DAX # 1 used to sum the table is : OT Attach-TCV = sum('Master-Funnel (2)'[OT Attach-TCV])

DAX # 2 used :
OT Attach-TCV =
VAR __table = SUMMARIZE('Master-Funnel (2)','Master-Funnel (2)'[Close Date],"_Value",sum('Master-Funnel (2)'[OT Attach-TCV]))
RETURN
IF(HASONEVALUE('Master-Funnel (2)'[Close Date]),sum('Master-Funnel (2)'[OT Attach-TCV]),SUMX(__table,[_value]))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using SUMMARIZE in measures for anything more than just grouping rows is a very bad idea. Please do not do this if you want to create safe and correct DAX. If you want to know why it's a very bad idea, please read this:

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/all-the-secrets-of-summarize/

Best
D

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using SUMMARIZE in measures for anything more than just grouping rows is a very bad idea. Please do not do this if you want to create safe and correct DAX. If you want to know why it's a very bad idea, please read this:

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/all-the-secrets-of-summarize/

Best
D
KRISH80
Helper II
Helper II

Can someone kindly help / advise. I badly need help with this.

@KRISH80 ,

Can you share your pbix ?

Ricardo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors