Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

klowrizer

Sumx totals on measures

I am having a problem with my total column and getting the sum to work correctly on of of the field. It's a measure which goes off of a couple other measures and i can't get the total to work. 

The data is as follows:

Item No.CurrentCostBaselineCostInvoicedQtyUnitCostBLUnitCostUnitPPVPPV

12017006,2777,07629216.44228.25-11.81-342.37
TOTAL18,07932,3122,4297.446.181.273,075

All of the cells in green above are working correct.  The cells in purple don't work, but I don't need the totals on them.  The Red one isn't working and I need it to work. The total i need it to show is the following: -187.65

Explanation of each of the columns: 

1. Current Cost:

Summary: The Cost of the purchase of the item YTD.

Dax: CurrentCost =

var Year = [SelectedYear]
return
SUMX(
'Inventory Transactions_V',
CALCULATE(
CALCULATE(
Sumx('Inventory Transactions_V','Inventory Transactions_V'[Cost]),
Filter('Inventory Transactions_V', YEAR('Inventory Transactions_V'[Posting Date]) = Year),
FILTER('Inventory Transactions_V','Inventory Transactions_V'[Item Ledger Entry Type Description] = "Purchase")
)
)
)
2. Baseline Cost: The purchase cost of the item YTD. The dax is the same as Current Cost, except the year is -1
3. Invoice Qty: The purchase quantity of the item YTD. The dax is the same as Current Cost, except the summed field is qty
4. Unit Cost: the average unit cost for Current Year       UnitCost = [CurrentCost]/[InvoicedQty]
5. BL Unit Cost:  the average unit cost for Prior Year       UnitCost = [CurrentCost]/[InvoicedQty]
6. Unit PPV: The difference between the average cost of an item this year vs last year.  UnitPPV = [UnitCost]-[BLUnitCost]
7. PPV: The total cost difference between the items purchased this year, applied to those purchased this year. PPV = [UnitPPV]*[InvoicedQty]

I know its something to do with my SUMX and Calculate in the measures which lead into the PPV measure, but I haven't been able to figure it out.  I would greatly appreciate any help. 
0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors