Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexITRelation
Frequent Visitor

Summing total columns

2020-02-14_0847.png

Hi all, 
I've a problem regardring PowerBI, which I've tried to illustrate in excel. I've a matrix with Department in rows and Priority in columns and Low, Medium, High and SUM in values. My problem is that I only want to show the yellow column and not the three red columns. Could anybody please help? 
Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Perhaps you can return BLANK() if there is a filter on Priority and oterwise return the value?

Measure = IF (ISFILTERED('Table'[Priority]); BLANK(); [MySumMeasure])

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @AlexITRelation ,

Go to FORMAT options of your matrix visual --> Select "SubTotals" --> Navigate down to "Per Column Level" and switch off totals for "Priority" column. By default you will have "Per Column Level" ON for your "Department" and "Priority" columns.

This should resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Hi @Pragati11 
Thank you for taking your time to reply me. 

It seems not to work. Notice that the SUM column is a calculated measure of Low, Medium and High since I want to illustrate the 'grand total' sum the totals (the yellow marked)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors