Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

latrous98
Frequent Visitor

Summerize column distinct

I'm new to dax, and I have created a table using this code.

Summary installation =
VAR _Table = SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('produit installé'[Netbios_Name0],'produit'[FileDescription (groups)])
return DISTINCT(_Table)
but there is a problem with it as the returned table gives me a row of netbios_Name for each file description category.
is there a way to fix this .
thanks for your help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@latrous98 , if these table have join summarize should also work

SUMMARIZ('produit installé', 'produit installé'[Netbios_Name0],'produit'[FileDescription (groups)])

or

SUMMARIZ('produit', 'produit installé'[Netbios_Name0],'produit'[FileDescription (groups)])

if these does not work

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@latrous98 , if these table have join summarize should also work

SUMMARIZ('produit installé', 'produit installé'[Netbios_Name0],'produit'[FileDescription (groups)])

or

SUMMARIZ('produit', 'produit installé'[Netbios_Name0],'produit'[FileDescription (groups)])

if these does not work

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

if I want to make a measure that does give the rows number and filter upon that , and then use it in a visual , what is the blueprint I need to follow ?

the first table 'produit installé' (installed product ) contains all the products regardless of the groupe they belong to so doing a summerizeColumn without distinct give me rows as much as there is subproduct to a given category .
but when I applied the distinct ,I get as much rows for all the groupement even though that doesn't exist to start with

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors