cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AadityaH

Summarize requirement of Total Child Components for a selected Parent Item

Hi All ,

This is my first post to this forum , I apologize if I am not able to phrase my question correctly . My query is as follows : 

I have a Bill of Material of around 700+ SKUs - wherein there is a forecasted demand plotted for these SKUs spread across months. 

I want to calculate the sum of all the child components [Buy Components] that will be required to assemble a SKU & multiply this demand w.r.to forecasted figure . 

Pasting Data herewith for better illustration

BOM Table

AadityaH_3-1632132273189.png

Forecast Table

AadityaH_1-1632131883086.png

So if I want to build 10 quantities of SKU ID XX-3363 in Oct , I should get output as [BOM QTY] * [Respective Month] applicable for respective SKU

Parent Item XX-3363 has 21-70 as one of the child item whose qty is 1 pc per BOM , to meet demand of 10 pcs for Oct , I will have to procure 1x10=10 pcs - so on so forth for rest of the months.

Parent Item XX-3364 has 29-25 as one of the child item whose qty is 1 pc per BOM , to meet demand of 30 pcs for Oct , I will have to procure 1x30=30 pcs - so on so forth for rest of the months.

Case 2 : It is possible that one child part will be part of two different SKUs[Parent Item] , so my formula should sum requirements from both the SKUs

Foreast Table will have Unique SKU ID per row , Quantity table will have complete BOM of respective SKU as shown in above image

I am looking for a measure to calulcate the demand & plot it in a matrix / Table to have consolidated demand for that month

If you have need any more information , please do let me know - I will provide the same.

THanks and desperately awaiting your expert comments on this. 

- Aaditya

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please keep in mind that Power BI is a reporting tool, it is not a resource management application. You should have professional material allocation programs to handle this task.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power BI October Update 2021.jpg

Power BI Release

Click here to read more about the October 2021 Release!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Teds Dev Camp Oct. 2021 768x460.jpg

Power BI Dev Camp - October 28th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!

Top Solution Authors