Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

djurecic_1
Frequent Visitor

Sum with non consecutive date period selection

Let’s say you want to use the slicer below for a date range. How would you calculate values based on this slicer if the dates are not consecutive? Most if not all of the time intelligence functions require consecutive dates. Any ideas?

I know how to get the selected values from the slicer with no problem, just not how to use them to get the sum of other fields for the time period selected.

Date Range non consecutive.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AntrikshSharma
Community Champion
Community Champion

@djurecic_1  As discussed use the attached file.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AntrikshSharma
Community Champion
Community Champion

@djurecic_1  As discussed use the attached file.

Thank you again!

daxer-almighty
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Why would you want to calculate over non-contiguous periods of time? Does it make any sense?

I agree that it is unusual. The report users have asked for this ability.

I would love to have some other options available such as standard slicer with date value that allows for showing only month and year but not day, or allows for showing only 1 day per month. Even if you have a date table with 1 day per month, the slicer shows every day in the month.

Another option might be timeline visual, but there are not a lot of customization options for that either and it requires a lot of vertical space on the page. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors