Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JamesGordon
Helper II
Helper II

Sum of data in certain rows

Hi,

I am new to Power Bi and DAX and hoping someone can help with the following please.

I am trying to create a DAX to calculate the sum of stock that has been allocated for sale. In our data set we have columns with "Cost price" and "allocated to" the "allocated to" column contains the customer account numbers so they are all different . I am trying to calculate the sum of the "cost value" if there is data in the "allocated to" column. Is this possible?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @JamesGordon 

Total allocated cost=Calculate(Sum(table[Cost]),filter(table,table[Allocated to] <> blank()))

Total UNallocated cost=Calculate(Sum(table[Cost]),filter(table,table[Allocated to] = blank()))

Thanks & regards,
Pravin Wattamwar
www.linkedin.com/in/pravin-p-wattamwar

If I resolve your problem Mark it as a solution and give kudos.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

please share some sample data and expected output.

Thanks,

Pravin

Hi,

I have attached an illustration that will hopefully make it clearer - let me know if more detail is required.Power Bi Ques.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @JamesGordon 

Total allocated cost=Calculate(Sum(table[Cost]),filter(table,table[Allocated to] <> blank()))

Total UNallocated cost=Calculate(Sum(table[Cost]),filter(table,table[Allocated to] = blank()))

Thanks & regards,
Pravin Wattamwar
www.linkedin.com/in/pravin-p-wattamwar

If I resolve your problem Mark it as a solution and give kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors