Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alin_Tod
Frequent Visitor

Sum of Duration [hh:mm] format

Hi,

I'm a novice on Power BI (previous user of Tableau were I found the solution) and I wanna summarize the duration on hh:mm.

I received this morning some suggestions but I haven't found a solution so far.

Unfortunately I pressed the button to accept the solution instead of reply in the morning and the colleague who helped me with suggestions did not answer me after accepting it. I do not know how to make it still unsolved. 

The idea is that I have an excel file with the time (duration) per activity spent by some employee.

I wanna aggregate the time spent by employee per activity, month, weeks and days.

I was trying some DAX formulas but still not found the correct one.

Please find below my file.

The column Timp(h) is the one that I talking about.

Thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1U-qXe3B01zKuhcQ37vLWUibfJVDumTbh/view?usp=sharing 

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

I looked at your file.  Since you have a Date column in your data, you can just create a simple DAX date table that has columns for Months, weeks, days. You then make a relationship between that new Date table and your data table on the date column.  You can then sum your Timp(h) column in a measure and analyze by month, week, day, etc.

Please see this link on making a simple Date table - https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/creating-a-simple-date-table-in-dax/

If this works for you, please mark it as the solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't access the file from my workplace, unfortunately, but I can tell you that such problems have been solved on these forums countless times... You just have to look for the right post.

Best
D

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors