Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GabrielCOLI
Frequent Visitor

Sum columns from different fact tables

Hello, good afternoon.

I need help to resolve the following situation.

I have two fact tables, where both have a column called TotalSale in the first has data only from Empresa1 and the other from Empresa2, where I made a relationship in an intermediate table called Empresas.

GabrielCOLI_0-1634841893624.png

I would like to create a table like the one above where my first column receives as business rows (intermediate table), I have another dimension table with the dates, and where is 2020 is summed the columns TotalSale of both tables facts.

I made the following formula for the year 2020:

Faturamento Ano Anterior = Calculate(sum(fato_Pro_FaturamentoPorItens[TotalVenda]),Value(dim_Tempo[Ano])=YEAR(Now())-1)

With this formula I get the sum of only one Fact table, how to sum the TotalSale column of the other Fact table?

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@GabrielCOLI , Append these tables in power query

or

create common dimensions like time, geography and one for Empresa1  and Empresa2( Table with two values.

Then using these dimensions you can analyze measures together can add those measures to get total across two tables

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors