Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shanze
Frequent Visitor

Sum based on latest status

Hi All,

Need help with dax formula. So, my data has list of items that goes through two steps "Partial" & "Final". I want to somehow add values against all such items that are "Final" i.e., partial + final rows value and show it against latest status.

Whereas "Partial" rows should continue to appear as it is. 

Would appreciate any help. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

Hi, so eloborating a bit. My data has a list of items that goes through capitalization in bits.

On partial completion a certain value of asset is capitalised as "Partial". There could be multiple partial values against any asset (items in my list) and once last time capitalisation is done it is "Final".

I want to make a dax function that assess each row and see if any item is marked final and change the status of all relevant rows to final. So, i may easily sum up values of partial + full.

And where final is not found in any row, it should be marked partial.

Hope it provides some clearity.

hi @Shanze 

could you desensitize your data and provide a sample dataset with expected result?

p.s. consider @someone to continue a discussion. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors