Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lucassouzaskf
Regular Visitor

Sum and Countif Matrix

Hi!

The first action I have in my table, is to check the number of values in Table 1 - Line 1 are equal within the Table 2, I am using the formula =SUM (COUNTIF (B12:P12; B3:P3)), as it is in the link "Image 1"

Image 1 

After this process, I need to count how many times we had 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 equal values, for this process I use the formula =COUNTIF (R12: R25;"=11") in a new column in Table 1

Image 2 

In summary, I need to individually check the rows/cells of table 1 in table 2 and count the number of times the result is 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15, with the final result, 5 additional columns in table 1 with these values comparing against all the rows in table 2.

Image 3 - Final Table 

Can you help me on how to do this on PowerBI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y9NFJtMHJDSZUIqZFe2urVR71gUo8LZ0/view?usp=sharing 

Here you are. This is a solution with viewer rows. The rows of T1 and T2 are converted to lists contaning all the (column) values. Next I have made a query with a Cartesian of the row indexes of the rows (= lists) of T1 and T2. With a List.Intersect and a List.Count the numer of matches are determined.

The last step in Power query is to build a table with the match counts.

Finally the matrix is constructed in DAX.

Good luck!

//JW

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JW_van_Holst
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

see the Pbix in the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16NMktbIBeRWYyCcYaWBr6SKtYfKdH5gi/view?usp=sharing 

sum countif matrix picture.png

Here is the outline of the solution:

Unpivot Table1 and Table2

Per table construct 3 columns Line/Column/Value

Cartersian product between T2 and {1..5}

Merge Cartesian with T1

Look where values are equal (then 1 else 0)

Groupby line T2 and Catesian with T1 and aggregate SUM equals ( 0 or 1)

Caterian Groupby with {11..15}

Compare Groupby with {11..15}

Power query steps are ready. Apply model to Power BI and construct the matrix…

… and Bob’s your uncle!

Good luck,

JW van Holst

Heelo @JW_van_Holst.
First of all, thank you very much for your help.

But, my tables are very large and these actions are not being completed via PowerQuery, I have 3,268,760 rows in table 1 and 2186 rows in table 2, which keeps growing every day (only table 2).

I would like to know if there is any simpler way of obtaining this result, on a small sample base in Excel, which I would carry out, as in the attachment, but I can't import and work my complete base in excel.

Can you help me again?

File Example 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1y9NFJtMHJDSZUIqZFe2urVR71gUo8LZ0/view?usp=sharing 

Here you are. This is a solution with viewer rows. The rows of T1 and T2 are converted to lists contaning all the (column) values. Next I have made a query with a Cartesian of the row indexes of the rows (= lists) of T1 and T2. With a List.Intersect and a List.Count the numer of matches are determined.

The last step in Power query is to build a table with the match counts.

Finally the matrix is constructed in DAX.

Good luck!

//JW

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors