Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Subtracting Grouped Rows in Different Tables

Hello,

I'm managing construction locations and I have 2 tables. Here are a few sample columns.

Table 1 (Locations)

Work Order #Work Location Tag
7970386A
7970386B
7970386C
7970387A
7970387B

Table 2 (Summary)

Work Order #Total Construction Locations

My objective is to find out how many locations haven't started yet, which would follow the logic "Total Construction Locations - # of Work Locations per WO #". So basically if a location has a Work Location Tag, I assume assume it has started. 

I would like to add this column next to the Total Construction Locations so I can eventually compare Total vs Not Started vs In Progress. 

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Robyn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all,

Thanks for the help. I ended up figuring out the solution. Here's the equation below...

In Progress/Complete Locations = countx(filter('Table1', 'Table1'[Work Order #] = 'Table 2'[Work Order #]), 'Table1'[# of Locations Complete/In Progress])

Not Started Locations = Total Construction Locations - In Progress/Complete Locations

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
saraMissBI
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Anonymous 

Please find here a pbix file with the solution to your problem.

If it solves the issue, please give Kudos and mark as solution.

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @saraMissBI ,

Unfortunately the file is stored at alakhawayn365-my.sharepoint.com and I can't access it. Can you post it differently or I can PM you my email address. 

Robyn

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry here is the link it should work for you now

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all,

Thanks for the help. I ended up figuring out the solution. Here's the equation below...

In Progress/Complete Locations = countx(filter('Table1', 'Table1'[Work Order #] = 'Table 2'[Work Order #]), 'Table1'[# of Locations Complete/In Progress])

Not Started Locations = Total Construction Locations - In Progress/Complete Locations
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Not very clear

New column in Table 2

if(isblank(Countx(filter(Table1,table1[Work Order #] =table2[Work Order #]),[Work Location Tag])),"Not Started","In Progress")

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @amitchandak ,

Apologies. I am looking for a number value.

For example if I have a WO with 21 Total Construction Locations from Table 2 and I have 5 Locations listed in Table 1 under that WO, I would like a column in Table 2 to say 16 Locations Not Started for that WO.

Robyn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors