Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marcus709
Frequent Visitor

Subtotals should not sum up values

Hi,

I created a new measure which divides values (Average Kupon ist the goal).

On the subtotal level, all avg kupons of the individual rows which go into the subtotal will be added.

This is not wanted. The subtotal should use the same calculation as described for the individual positions.

How is that done?

For a better illustration the current formula:

Akt Kupon = (SP[Kupon]*SP[Marktwert adj/Börsenwert.]/SP[Marktwert adj/Börsenwert.])

Kind regards

Marcus

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Completely unclear. Please state your problem in understandable terms so that anyone can analyze and help you.

Thanks.

Best
Darek

Hi darlove, I´ll try my best.

Ok. I have a table called "SP"

Column "Kupon" means coupons of a bond, say 4%

Marktwert adj./Börsenwert is the marketvalue, say 1,000,000

The mearure is called Akt Kupon:

Akt Kupon = (SP[Kupon]*SP[Marktwert adj/Börsenwert.]/SP[Marktwert adj/Börsenwert.])

So it divides the product of coupon times marketvalue ba the marketvalue. Now you´ll ask me if I´m stupid to do so, since coupon is alwas the result on a single position level.
But I use this formula especially for the subtotal level. There are sevarasl goups of bonds. Each category has a subtotal. Lets make a simple example:

Bond1; coupon 4%; 1,000,000 marketvalue
Bond2; coupon 3%; 1,000,000 marketvalue
Subtotal: coupon 7%, 2,000,000 marketvalue (thats what the formula currently delivers)

But what it should do is display the sumproduct. That means, the subtotal should display:
Subtotal: coupon 3,5%; 2,000,000 marketvalue

In my earlier used excel pivot table it does what it should but not in BI.
Can you give me a hint?

Thanks a lot
Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, it would be desirable to see your pivot in Excel to see what you want to achieve. Can you paste some snapshot?

Best
Darek
Anonymous
Not applicable

First off, mate, this

can't be a measure. A measure has to have some kind of aggregation in its definition. This does not, hence it's not a measure.

Secondly, this

SP[Marktwert adj/Börsenwert.]/SP[Marktwert adj/Börsenwert.]

will always return 1. Can't understand why you'd do such a silly thing...

Thirdly, I want to see the structure of your model. If you want to calculate something on the fly - which means you need a measure - then you calculate over something. This something is the rows that hide behind your slicers and are stored in your fact table.

I do understand what you want to calculate but I want to understand the model to calculate it correctly.

Best
Darek

no, I won´t pass on this is company stuff. My simple explanation should really explain what I want.

So I will look for another forum if you can´t get may point, no problem.

The world is full of competent and friendly people

Best

Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I'm incompetent and unfriendly 🙂 Glad to hear that. Well, I did want to help you but I can see you don't understand my point. So be it. Let others try.

Best
D.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors