Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ebianco
Helper II
Helper II

Stuck with Ranking deals by value ignoring other columns in the table

Hi All,

Many here have asked questions about Ranking, but I'm still stuck and can't figure it out ... 

My goal is to rank Opportunties by their value, but in the table where I show the Opportunities I have additional columns I'd like to be ignored for the ranking purpose, or even be summarized by the Opportunity Number in case that I have more than 1 row due to the Opportunity having multiple products.

This is my star schema:

ebianco_0-1632323536383.png

I tried creating a very simple measure like this, that works fine when the only column in the table/matrix is the Opportunity Number:

ebianco_1-1632323595397.png

and then created another measure to filter for the top 10 only:

ebianco_2-1632323637224.png

Another thing I tried was creating a calculation group, and through virtual tables get to the filter just the top 10 opportunities:

ebianco_3-1632323689101.png

And this one again only works ok with Opportunity Number is the only column, and TCV is the only measure in the table/matrix.

As I indicated at the beginning, my goal is to rank / filter by the TopN (dynamically selected by user) Opportunty Numbers, but on a table that looks like this (multiple columns and measures included):

ebianco_4-1632323800908.png

I'd appreciate if anyone would help me with this .. I've honestly run out of ideas.

Thanks!

Esteban

PS: my sample pbi model is linked for download here.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Your first approach seems to do what you want.  Have you tried adding the TCV Rank filter to the visual?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors