Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

brianheath

Status based on multiple date columns

Hi

I am following up on a previous post that seems to answer what I want to do in creating on column with a status based on multple colums with dates which show progress. The original URL is below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamic-Status-Based-on-Multiple-Date-Columns/m-p/234009#M1...

Based on this I tried to replicate it for my own particular use, but it does not seem to be updating.

My particular scenerio is following an assessments process  which go through a number of steps before being sent to the student. each column will have a date. I would like to be able to provide a column with a status update based on which column has been populated.

I have created and linked the calander table and entered the code as proposed, but it seems to only pick up the first status regardless. Have I missed an important step somewhere?

brianheath_0-1634518364586.png

Any pointers/suggestions or alternative ideas would be greatly valued.. 

Thanks in advance 

Brian

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@brianheath 
You compared the assessment date with the minimum date and link with ||, this is of course all rows are matched. Try replace Or(||) with And(&&). 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Paul.. I did try your solution and although it logically makes sense when I read up on your thoughts... for some reason it did not work unless I kept ||.. I am not sure if others can help me understand why?

I have worked the issue further and although still not as elegant as I would like, now think the original solution wa a bit of overkill for my needs. After messing with the original code and stripping down what I felt I did not need, the code below seems to be where I have got to currently, but does not account for empty cells of previous proceses; something I need to account for.

brianheath_0-1635476014113.png

Any other thoughts on how to make it more elegent? It would be good if it picks up the furtherest completed cell and reports that as the status to overcome poor data entry discupline, but have no idea where to start with that

Anyway, any other thoughts are appreciated.. cheers
brianheath

Hopefully a better screen grab of my code and the table I am trying to update

brianheath_0-1634518804198.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors