Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Michau
Frequent Visitor

Start from second row in column

Hi,
I need to calculate theta angle in Power BI.
Like in Excel:

Michau_6-1660204300126.png

First row needs to be zero and the rest rows goes:

Michau_3-1660204193807.pngMichau_4-1660204204832.pngMichau_5-1660204215721.png

5163 needs to by dynamic based on data so i choose to get MAX value from added Index row in Power Query

So first row in power BI needs to be 0 and the rest needs to be based on previous value

Michau_7-1660204628395.png

I got 3 problems because:
1) I dont know how to set first value to 0 when I try to add new column
2) I cant use the function Earlier because in the first row it tries to get data from non existing row
3) Can you actually start function to work from second row ?

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

you have quite a few more problems:

1. You cannot dynamically add calculated columns. They are static.

2. EARLIER doesn't mean what you think it means  (it means an earlier filter context)

3. Power BI has no idea what "second row" means.  You need to indicate that in your data, for example by including an index column.

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. I can only help you with meaningful sample data.
Please paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services like OneDrive or Google Drive. Screenshots of your source data are not useful.
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided. Screenshots of the expected outcome are ok.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-Forum/ba-...
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors