Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Das2020
Regular Visitor

Stacked Column Bar Percentage with Sorting

Hi Team,

I have this dilemma for stacked column bar. I have this visual where the contract and client has rating based on fees and scopes. As I learn from here you can create a measure that you can put on the tooltip to indicate the percentage of relationship.

Source fileSource file

I created a measure that I can use on the tool tip. Unfortunate my boss wants the category to be in Rating 1, Rating 2, Rating 3 and N/A. (by default BI is treating it alphabeticallyI created a measure that I can use on the tool tip. Unfortunate my boss wants the category to be in Rating 1, Rating 2, Rating 3 and N/A. (by default BI is treating it alphabetically

From my previous experience on fiscal month reporting, I created duplicate table so I can have sorting table.From my previous experience on fiscal month reporting, I created duplicate table so I can have sorting table.

Created a conditional columnCreated a conditional column

Create a relationship from the first tableCreate a relationship from the first table

and the Rating % measure goes brokenand the Rating % measure goes broken

2 REPLIES 2
komald
Helper I
Helper I

@Das2020 , try this

in sheet1 table create new column for sorting purpose
sort_rating= switch(true(),
sheet1[relationship]="rating 1",1,
sheet1[relationship]="rating 2",2,
sheet1[relationship]="rating 3",3,"NA")

and sort relationship on the basis of sort_rating column by asc order.

I hope this will work for you. Thank you

I also did a similar but using conditional formating from query editor, yes this will sort the relationship but the measure that I created for tooltip will result in all 100% regardless if it's Rating 1, Rating 2, Rating 3 or N/A. Just wondering what can I adjust from the Rating % measure

7.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors