Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Poo1405
Frequent Visitor

Solution for disappear the unnecessary results

I had a mistake when I designed my dashboard; it can be seen from the picture below, the actual amount spent and CPQL only belong to a value of FB (and the others odd must be zero because the amount of its belongs to spent for vendors field),  

Poo1405_2-1633606925118.png

I tried to fix it by adding the function Filter = FB, it works when it only appears in FB rows, but it is wrong the original number. 

this is my fixed wrong solution: 

Amount Spent (USD) for FB =
CALCULATE(
    SUM('fb rp'[Amount Spent (USD)]),FILTER('file combine','file combine'[utmSource] = "FB")
)
Poo1405_3-1633607583087.png

Additional note: currently, I have connected the amount spend field from another table, but only to the campaign level (GLU_2021Q3_OSSW_GLADIATOR2), I think that's why the levels below the numbers don't map correctly, but that number was calculated accurately.

I don't know how to solve my problem, and I need help and advice from everyone. Can anyone help me solve it?
Thank for taking a look at my post!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The issue is with the field you are using in the visual (utmsource from the file combine table) which has no relationship with the fb rp table on which you are carrying out the sums. 
I would recommend you change relationships of the Source dimension table as follows, and then use the utmsource field from this dimension table:

From...From...ToTo

Captura.JPG

I've attached a new version of your test file

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

How is your model set up?

can you share a non-confidential PBIX file or sample data?

Paul on Linkedin.

I also thought that I had designed a relationship that was unsuitable for my design purposes, but I have not found a way to fix it. You can see the current file t is testing; I think that's no problem.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZvXyV00kZRA7c1CXX2t-EuhGTHbgQauS/view?usp=sharing 

The issue is with the field you are using in the visual (utmsource from the file combine table) which has no relationship with the fb rp table on which you are carrying out the sums. 
I would recommend you change relationships of the Source dimension table as follows, and then use the utmsource field from this dimension table:

From...From...ToTo

Captura.JPG

I've attached a new version of your test file

Paul on Linkedin.

Thanks, @PaulDBrown so much for pointing out my mistake and helping me to correct it.

I really appreciate it!!!

Happy to help! Just make sure that the utmsource field in the Source dimension table contains all possible values from both 'file combine' [utmsource] and 'fb rp'[Source]

Paul on Linkedin.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors