Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Hanshans
Helper I
Helper I

Snapshot of KPI data

Hello

I wonder if someone can help.

We have a KPI that has two elements  1) the first is that a percentage of defects due for resolution within the reporting period must be closed by their due and 2) all defects that remained open from previous reporting periods must be closed i.e no defects open that had a due date before the current reporting period. We report quarterly.  I need to graph the KPI values - one graph for the % element and another graph for the 'remain open' element

I am OK with the first element as this value doesnt change at any point after it has been calcuatled so is 'undisturbed' by a refresh. I finding the second element tricky as its moving data and would change with each refresh.

I have read a number of posts already on the forum regardings taking 'snapshots of data' and the suggestion that I have found that is closest to my requirements involves creating a calculated column in the Dates Table using a COUNT type iterative function but I couldnt figure out how to amend the formula to what I need.

The fact table, with information on the defects is called the 'NCR Tracker' and this has a column in it called 'Due Date'. It also has a 'date closed' column, which is blank if the defect has not yet been closed. It has a 'status' column which is either 'Open' or 'Closed' and it has an 'Overdue Status' column which is a calculated column within the SharePoint list which looks at the 'Due Date' and the 'Status' column and today's date and either returns 'Open and Overdue', 'Open but Not Overdue', 'Closed by Due Date' or 'Closed when Overdue'

The dates table is called 'Calendar' Table and is marked at date table using the 'Date' column. There is a one to many relationship between the Calendar Table and the NCR Tracker, which is currently active. Ideally I would like to make this inactive as need to also create a relationship between the 'Date Raised' column in the 'NCR Tracker' and the 'Date' column of the 'Calendar' Table

Anyone know how I could go about 'catching' the snapshot for each quarter, so that it can be graph. I'm pretty new to PowerBi and need a solution that doesnt involve R script or PowerShell (unless you can give me a complete dummies guide to!!)

Many thanks in advance. Much much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Hanshans
Helper I
Helper I

Update: I think I have figured out how to calculate it but could do with some help with structuring the formula for the calculated column in the Calendar Table

In my head, the following should work;

Sum If 'NCR Tracker' [Due Date] is less than 'Calendar' [Start of Quarter] AND ( 'NCR Tracker' [Status] = "Open" OR 'NCR Tracker' [Closed by Date] is greater than 'Calendar' [Start of Quarter] )

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors